Welcome to the 2019-20 season of Walpole Youth Basketball. My name is Dominick Ianno and I will be the team head coach, and I will be assisted by Brad Rendall.
Our team is Oklahoma in the 3-4 grade Boys session and our team players are Jake Garrity, Travis Hauge, Jack Hearn, Lorenzo Ianno, Quinlan O'Connor, Jake Rendall, Karl Schuster, Owen Sullivan, Benjamin Thomas, and Noah Wheeler.
This is our first time coaching in Walpole youth basketball and we promise to communicate all relevant information as we receive it. Please feel free to ask questions along the way.
We're looking forward to a fun season with the boys. Our plan is to focus on developing the kids fundamentals, knowledge, team spirit, and sportsmanship.
A few housekeeping items:
1. The league website is www.wyba.org and you should be registered on there. On the website you can find importnat items such as the league rules and team rosters, schedules, and results.There is also an app "SSU Play" that is helpful to track the team.
2. Games will be held on Saturdays at OPR (the season schedule has posted) and our practices will be held Sundays from 10-11am at the Fisher School.
3. The first game is scheduled for Saturday, December 7 at 1:50pm vs Iowa State. Team jerseys will be distributed before then, although we have yet to receive them.
4. Each game will consist of eight, five-minute periods with no mid-period substitutions. Please note that this is a league that requires equal time for all players. To ensure we can plan accordingly for each game, we ask that you let us know by Thursday evening of each week if you're son will NOT attend so we have time to create rotations.
5. When we are the "home" team (which first occurs in week 3), we are required to provide a scorekeeper. We will ask in advance of each home team week for a volunteer parent, sibling, or friend to help out.
Again, we look forward to the upcoming season, and if you have any questions, please feel free to reply all or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text 617-201-9142.